Lutein is a yellow member of the carotenoid family and one of the major carotenoids found in human blood, with high tissue concentrations normally found in the retina (and macula) of the human eye.
Research has shown Lutein to be protective against age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and cataracts. supporting information can be read here
In the eye, Lutein is known to act as a blue-light filter, protecting the underlying tissues from phototoxic damage. The antioxidant activity provided by Lutein can also extend support the heart, skin, lungs and blood vessels. This makes it a very important nutrient with many additional benefits.
Lutein also possesses the ability to promote the health of many body tissues.
Marigold flowers are the most abundant source of Lutein found in nature. Lewtress Lutein is made from Marigold extract in an easy to absorb and highly bio-available form. Each high strength vegetable capsule provides 25 mg of free Lutein.
- Just one capsule a day provides 25mg of pure concentrated natural Lutein.
- May provide protection from age related macular degeneration and cataracts.
- May support eye health and vision.
- High strength extract (compared with others on the market)
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Free from artificial colourings, flavourings, preservatives and fillers.